30 May 2011

Kid's N Kites festival, plus biking to school

Laura went on a trip to Boulder recently. I was able to stay at home with the kids. It was nice. I was a little bummed that I missed bike to work day. Though, instead of biking to work, I made sure that I took all the girls to school on their bikes. That was fun. The boys were good sports to be in the bike trailer. One morning, I took the boys for donuts. Our local donut shop makes these huge donuts. For comparison, those are regular size twists next to the donut.



Fremont had a kite day down at the park. There was a talent show, free kites, and the parks department brought mounted animals - all things the kids loved to see.

It was tough to get the kites in the air with little wind, but, along with some others, we had some success. Ben was the first one to get the kite up successfully. Though, once it fell, he became disenchanted with it. He got into a little grumpy mood. I was able to capture Abigail & Collette flying their kites, though.





Ben's mood improved somewhat by letting him check out the vintage police car.



Gabriel saying cheese in front of a raccoon. Unfortunately, I'm still trying to figure out my new camera. Focus isn't great on some of these photos. They loved to be able to 'pet' these creatures.





Abigail was being a great helper, when I was trying take care of grumpy Ben, she was willing to push the stroller. Abigail is really great at stepping up and being helpful when we need her most.


1 comment:

  1. Great pictures, Joel. Sounds like a fun adventure! I agree, Abigail is great - she's so patient and kind with Nicki :)

    ReplyDelete