08 May 2011

Happy Mother's Day

Laura requested a few things this mother's day. First, she didn't want to make any food or clean up. Also, she didn't want any last minute shopping/errands to prepare for the day. I didn't know how to accomplish the former without doing the later, as she tells me this at 6pm on Saturday.

So, I took the kids shopping, and we all picked out presents. The kids got Laura jewelry, which she dutifully wore to church today.



Laura got breakfast in bed. She didn't make lunch or dinner. She decided to make her own treat though, brownies (with chocolate sauce and ice cream), which we were able to share with my mom on a quick evening trip to their house.



I love my wife she's an amazing woman to put up with me. And she's an amazing mother too.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing mother's day with me. Your kids are delightful and hopefully got up this morning and went to school without too much whining. Laura looks smashing in her new jewelry. Of course, Laura always looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Mother's Day, Mom! It was fun to be able to see you too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like I sound mean here-- Let me be clear-- Joel asked me on Saturday evening what I wanted and I then read an LDS article about how to best celebrate the mothers/wives in your lives. I agreed with the #1 thing on the list which was- Don't wait till the last minute to shop/ask/decide on what to get. I was happy to let my family go out at 6pm on Saturday to get stuff.

    I very much enjoyed our time with you guys last night, Vicki!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go Joel. Braving a shopping trip with 4 kids is no small feat. I'm impressed with that omelet, too.

    ReplyDelete