20 May 2008

Meeting Stephenie

So yesterday was a great day. I got to meet Stephenie Meyer~author to the Twilight saga books. She came to Denver~ one of only 10 cities that she's currently touring to promote her new book~ so I went down with the whole family to hear her talk briefly and to have her sign 3 of her books~one of them had to be The Host, her newest book.

All in all it was great though uneventful. When it was my turn to go up there my shirt was commented on so we talked briefly about the shirt. Then I quickly said to her, "You know you've made it when you are part of Mormon forwards (there is an email out there with her in it). She said, "Oh yeah, my husband saw that and said, look Steph, you're spam!" Then it was my turn to move on.

My shirt was definitely original. There were lots of people wearing their allegiance shirts but mine was one of a kind (see past post to view shirt). There were a lot of people there. It was at a high school auditorium. Joel kept pointing out that I was one of the oldest people there to have my books signed. Whatever. And to Alisa, I'm somewhat saddened that I wasn't invited on your trip!! This is the next best thing, I guess...

Here are some shots of the event:

Here is the discussion portion of the evening~

Here is me talking to Stephenie~not a great shot because Joel didn't know he wasn't suppose to be taking the picture. Someone stepped in front of him and then they yelled at him for taking the picture. I'm grateful!
And here's my Twilight book signed.

5 comments:

  1. I am so jealous. I was waiting to see if you would post about it. How was the talk? Anything worth mentioning? What was the spam thing? I never saw that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It wasn't my trip, it was my friend Laura L's otherwise I totally would have called you. I know that's no excuse, please forgive me. If you ever want to go give me a call. I would totally do it again. I can't believe you got to meet her! She isn't coming anywhere near me which is a major bummer. I have read The Host though and love it so I would love to tell her how much I love her and gush and then get pushed away by much younger girls than me. You are so lucky!! Especially because Joel went with you. How did you manage that one?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I know Laura L...but she obviously doesn't know that I would have loved to go on that trip! Was it expensive? I'll have to give you some time to save up some money again! And to answer your question~Joel loves me, what can I say?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marisa~ it went something like this:
    S.M.~"Cool, where'd you get your shirt?"
    Me~There's a lady in our stake who owns a t-shirt printing shop and she made it (though I said ward instead of stake b/c I was trying to talk so fast)
    S.M.~ I need someone in my ward that has a t-shirt printing shop. That would come in waaay handy.
    Me~Yes, it would! I think it's funny to see that your part of Mormon forwards...now you know you've really made it
    S.M.~ I know! My husband told me the other night, 'hey look, Steph, you're spam'
    Me~ Well, thanks for writing these books...it gives me something to obsess about on a regular basis

    By that time the next little girl was already trying to talk to her. That's in (in a nutshell, of course!)

    ReplyDelete