20 May 2008

Happy Birthday, Collette!

Just wanted to highlight some of today~ Collette turned 3 today. Her number one request for a present was a "pink car seat." She wanted a booster seat like Abigail's. She got it and a few more things. Minus having to spend 2 1/2 hours at the doctor's office for a sick visit for Ben, it was a great day. Here are some pictures to highlight it~

This is how it started out...


She loves tiny things. So Joel and I got her a tiny elephant. She loved it. Do you like how Abigail is in the background opening up her next present. That's how most of the present opening went.


Here's her new car seat (sitting on Dad to try it out)


Abigail got her a Dora sprinkler thing. It was a warm enough day to try it out. They loved it. Even though it looks like Abigail is about the bite the dust~she actually doesn't--just a side note I thought I'd put in there when I noticed her semi sideways appearance.


I know what you're thinking... That looks like the most professional cake I've ever seen. Don't worry, I did it myself. Give me a break~ my baby is sick and I was trying to do it one handed!!!

3 comments:

  1. It was Andy's birthday yesterday, too. He didn't get a pink car seat, though. I bet he will be jealous. it looks like you did a great job for her birthday despite a sick baby. It's better than I did for Anneke's last year when Andy was in England. I just gave up, I think. Anyway, you are a great mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite part was the cake! finally a family member worse than me! I don't care that you were handicapped - it still counts! I also love Abigail opening Collette's presents and Abigail about to eat it. Thanks for the laughs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice birthday cake lol! I am just impressed that you made one at all. Poor little Ben. All my nephews opened Benjamins presents on his birthday. Little kids just can't resists can they?

    ReplyDelete