06 May 2008

Kill 'em, Dad

This is literally what Collette said to Joel. Why? Because last Saturday morning the girls and I were outside playing. We were sitting at a table outside and the girls asked for a snack. So I went and got a bowl of nuts, raisins, and some M&M's. I noticed a squirrel in the tree making a barking sound and I thought, there aren't any other squirrel's around, what is he upset at? Well, apparently the answer was us. He started coming down the tree barking and running across the lawn towards us. I told the girls to run inside and next thing I know, he jumps up on the table and starts in for the nuts.
Collette has not really wanted to go outside since that incident. She is quite sure the squirrel is rabid and wants to eat her for lunch. So Joel wanted Collette to come outside and she just stood in the doorway and said, "Kill him, Dad." He was currently no where in sight.
Here is a picture of our new outside pet~


2 comments:

  1. We have a squirrel living in 'our' tree duly named Jeremy. (See Beatrix Potter books.) He eats all my flower starts, so he has been yelled at many times. I'm betting our neighbors think I'm crazy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now, if she had said that to Papa, the backyard would be riddled with bullet holes.........

    ReplyDelete