27 November 2010

Thanksgiving

We're thankful for so many things, but most of all family. We have the greatest family. This Thanksgiving was both Abigail's and Jared's birthday. With Laura's parents and grandmother, we went to my parents for dinner. The kids had a fantastic time playing dress-up, flipping a beach ball around with Aunt Cyndi, and fanning their Aunt Kory.

Most of us ate too many appetizers to take full advantage of the rest of the meal. I'm thinking the way my family makes appetizers, we should start with them at lunch time to build the appetite for dinner. Just before dinner is way too close.

Ben's a fan of his Aunt Kory



Kids played dress up. There was some royalty and some servants. Someone asked if Julia was a princess, and she yelled "No! I'm a servant!" I don't think I've seen someone more defensive of their servitude. Probably most interesting was Lily's green wig.





We brought one of Abigail's cakes and sang happy birthday to her (and Jared).



And, we did the piƱata, which we never got to at her kid birthday party. This was one of the more fun events. The kids started cheering on whoever was at bat.







At the end of the evening, someone wanted to take a picture of all the children of my parents. I'm not sure whose idea it was (certainly, not Josh's). Here's a good one:

From Thanksgiving 2010

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun holiday! Your family is gigantic, Joel. Seriously. Love the shot of all the siblings, since I meet different sisters-in-law at parties and wonder who their husbands are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks - it's fun to have a big family these days. Though, in general, it makes for hectic get togethers.

    ReplyDelete