16 June 2005

Dogs my cats indeed!

Ever mix up the words in a common phrase to develop an utterance devoid of syntactical meaning, yet everyone knows what you meant? For instance, I might say “tongue got your cat?” to the tongue twisted talker. While I don’t mean to say such gibberish, it just comes out.

Why? I’d like to think it has something to do with how fast I speak and how slow I talk. Er, I mean, how fast I think and how slow I speak. You get it? But that’s probably not the case. I’m sure it has more to do with my inability to multitask. And I mean true multitasking. Not the type you put on a resume. More like typing an email while talking to a friend on the phone. That sort of stuff.

I made the attempt today. While trying to trouble shoot a malfunctioning IM-video chat I was booking a plane ticket and talking to my dad on the phone. The result? Travel departing from, of all places, St. Louis. Stupid. I blame SWA. The Book Travel section of site moves from Plan trip -> Select flight -> Price -> Purchase -> Booked. When purchasing the travel you can’t see the travel you’re actual going to purchase. The site encourages you to ’shop around’ when selecting the flight. And then they expected you to be organized enough to note something besides the price in the price window. C’mon. Whatever. The problem is fixed, I think. And my parents will be coming out for a weekend visit (their first since the birth of Collette).

What’s the point. I can’t actually do two things concurrently. And I mean at the same very moment. Not switching between two tasks quickly. I really mean, at the same time. Who can? My wife. She puts on mascara while driving. That’s right, her face is in the mirror while she merges onto the freeway. She’s crazy and yet quite capable. Unlike me.

What’s the take home? Southwest Airlines needs to get a better site. I mean, I need to concentrate when money’s invovled. Or I shouldn’t do two things at once? I can’t decide. Too many ideas are running in my head now.

2 Responses to “Dogs my cats indeed!”

  1. Rahul Says:

    Yeah, but how does this explain “For all intensive purposes?”.

    It doesn’t.

    But I’m glad you’re writing.

  2. Travel Blog Says:

    Southwest’s Website

    I agree, Southwest could make their website much easier to use….