08 August 2011

Married in Mexico!

I have been horrible about keeping up on the blog this summer. We've been so busy it's taken me by surprise! I will probably not even make an attempt at chronologically catching up. But, there may be quite a few catch up posts in the next week or so. We're around this week, so I'm going to try!

Now for the title...No, Joel and I were not married in Mexico. Clearly. But, my cousin (not blood) recently got married in Mexico and I was asked to be part of the wedding. So, Joel and I were off for a long weekend to San Diego and Mexico.

I am fortunate that I have one of my life long friends who currently lives in San Diego. And we don't get much of a chance to see each other so it made for a perfect reason to go a day early to the wedding and stay with her in San Diego. It was such a great visit and good time with her! It really made me appreciate and miss my childhood friends. And then kinda appreciate that distance can be a good thing when she was reminding me, and informing Joel, of my trouble making teenage days. Sometimes those old friends are wonderful for all the memories and then there are the embarrassing parts! I can't believe it but we didn't take one picture the whole time we were together! We stayed again with Corey on our way back from Mexico before we had to get on our flight the next day. We must meet up again, Corey, just so we can take a picture!! Thanks! Xoxoxoxo

Friday we had some time to ourselves before we had to head down to Mexico to meet up with everyone. It was really nice. Joel and I shopped, had lunch, and enjoyed our time alone! We finally headed down to Mexico and after quite a nice scare trying to get across the border (some shady looking guys were hearding cars off the freeway entrance...which in my mind, I immediately thought we were getting robbed, stolen, and sold for body parts). But, we survived. Narrowly. :)

It was a nice retreat but went quickly. We had a nice wedding party dinner on Friday night. Pool time Saturday before the late afternoon wedding. Got ready with all the girls. And watched my dear cousin, Kami, marry a wonderful guy. We then danced the night away (ok, till midnight but for an old married couple with a bunch of kids, that IS all night long!) Sunday we tried to get out with some urgency as we learned that it takes 3 hours typically to get across the border. Good times. We went to a few little shops to bring some little trinkets back for the kids and then headed out to get back to San Diego.

Here are a few highlights from our trip:

This is a cute little restaurant where we had dinner the first night-- really cute place with a cool view


See, cool view, huh? It just kinda hangs out over the ocean. That's us inside :)


Here's the view from our hotel room. Aaahhhh...



Have you ever been in pain when looking into the sun to take a picture? I am here. All I could think about was blinking 40,000 times to feel better. But I tried. And, the wind was ridiculous! This may be one of the only pictures where my hair isn't flying in every direction possible.


And here is proof positive of the crazy wind. Though, to me, this picture seems tame. But here's the bride and the bridesmaid. Oh yeah...and the groom :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh what a gorgeous setting! Your dresses coordinate with the ocean perfectly. You look lovely!

    ReplyDelete