15 March 2008

Funny Words

So I was laughing the other day thinking about the words my kids use instead of the correct word. You know how it goes, they hear it one way and can't get it out of their mind that it's not right. Or the word they use instead is just so dang cute you can't~err don't~ tell them how to say it correctly. So here are some of my kids words that I don't correct just yet:

Abigail: She asked me not too long ago, "can boys eat girl cheese sandwiches?"
Collette: Will always ask me for a "bit bit" of something instead of a "little bit" of something
Abigail: Continually asks for "hand fives"
Collette: She always sings the jingle bells tune substituting "Tinkerbell, tinkerbell, tinker all the way... open door on sleigh"
Abigail: She'll tell me she has something in her ashlie (eyelash)
Collette: Always asks Dad every morning if he is going to take his "Packpack" to work.
Abigail: Did you put those pictures in a lion (line)

What do your kids say that you love and don't have the heart to correct just yet?? I'd love to hear them.

6 comments:

  1. Ryan says "packpack", too. Let's see he says Madalie instead of Natalie. Panpakes instead of pancakes. Carrot bird instead of parrot. I'm sure there's a bunch, I just can't remember them all. This is a fun subject to bring up. I'm excited to see what other people say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I taught my nephew how to growl, which much to everyone's chagrin he could do before he could say any words. The zoo was a great place to take him...
    Once my brother heard me call someone a pansy-girl (probably while dating one) and unfortunately he went around calling other children that too. (He was only about 2 or 3 so it was ok.)
    When my other brother was a child he would tell people to stop snigen about. We're still not sure what snigen is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is adorable. I can't wait for that. We already pretend like Benjamin is saying things because he jabbers so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Mom emailed this comment to me and I thought it was so funny that it needed to be on the comments page. This is from my Mom:

    When I was a kid, I called sandwiches, "garbage". My Mom used to say she'd make a sandwich and put all the garbage in it (tomatoes, lettuce, etc.). I can remember to this day asking for a garbage.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All three of my kids say panacakes. Don't know if that's genetic or they probably just picked it up from Max. Truman is insistent that he took a vacation with his school instead of a field trip. All three of the kids also call their new bow and arrow a bone and arrow. I guess if one says it wrong they all say it wrong.

    ReplyDelete